Saturday, April 1, 2017

Pillsbury Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge Brownies




I've heard about these through my WW group but have never tried them until today.

Today I was hit with a brownie craving.  

Our weather had been quite warm but then overnight cooled off quite a bit.  

I spent today with my son's class on their field trip and spent much of the time outside.

Since my son left the jacket I gave him in the classroom before we all left he was freezing and so I ended up giving him mine.

I was absolutely freezing!

And, after feeling so cold I just wanted to curl up with a hot brownie and cocoa or tea.  

I was so tempted to go by the local bakery and get something there but of course none of it is low in points.

I actually asked my son if he wanted to go by on the way home and he said no.

Uggg!!!!

Have you ever been in a place of being ready to be naughty and eat the full fat brownie and your loved ones won't enable you?!!!

What nerve!  Geesh!!!

Needless to say I took it as a sign from God and drove home.  

My sleep deprived mind was trying to think of something to post for the next day when I saw this box in my pantry.  




So today I made sugar free brownies courtesy  of Pillsbury.  

This calls for oil, egg and brownie mix.  Gotta love it.  




The cons~ the portion sizes seemed really small.  An 8x8 pan makes 12 servings.  

This uses Splenda as the sugar substitute and I'm not generally a fan of Splenda for health reasons.  

I usually stick to Stevia but I also know that in most of the studies that are conducted the subjects are given ridiculous quantities of the stuff, amounts that you would never get in real life.  

My bottom line is a little once in a while is okay.  I don't get too intense or freaked out by my food.

If I worried about everything I read or heard I wouldn't eat anything.  

Balance is the operative word my friends.  

Now the pros~  This tasted GREAT!

My son is super picky and even he said it was "delicious!".  

Of course we ate them warm as is my prerequisite for brownie consumption.   

The real plus for me today is that this could've been a full fat brownie that I probably would've regretted later.

At least besides being low in points it's also low in guilt.  

That's just scrumptious!



Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...