Monday, April 24, 2017

Surviving Chuck E. Cheese


My son's birthday was at Chuck E. Cheese this year.  Even though he's getting older he still wants to be a kid right now and thankfully isn't embarrassed of his Mommy yet.  

Of course there was pizza...


And cake...


But, you know what?

I didn't eat any of it!!!!

Yay me!!!

I ate a good breakfast before we left and had a sugar free mocha for 4 pts too.

At the party I felt like I had to be "on" and that everyone and everything was taken care of.

My husband noticed that I wasn't eating any of it and leaned over and whispered in my ear "it's not really any good any way".

"Good!"  I thought.  I don't want to waste my points on crummy pizza anyway!  

I came home and ate a piece of Nancy's frittata that I had made for 6 pts.

And it was delicious and I didn't feel deprived and I didn't feel shamed or sorry or bloated.

And it was such a nice feeling.  

Some people shoot for getting blue dots(days you stay within your points) all month long or at least for one day.

I celebrate each and every moment and every meal at which I make a good choice because it's one meal and one moment at a time for me.

And today, in this moment I was victorious!

I give myself credit for doing something that supports my goals and the healthy lifestyle I enjoy.

Today I honored my body temple and it felt good in mind, body and soul.

That's a NSV(non-scale victory)!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...