Thursday, April 20, 2017

Surviving the Cheesecake Factory



Whenever we go to KC my son insists we eat at the Cheesecake Factory.

For those of you who haven't been to one let me just say it's the fattiest food God ever made, literally food as big as your head.

Wait for the but.....

BUT, they now have a skinnylicious menu!

And, it's really good!  I started my meal with the beet and goat cheese salad pictured below.  




For the main course I ordered the skinnylicious steak medallions.  Normally this would be served over mashed potatoes but fortunately I don't like mashed potatoes.  




So, I held the mashed potatoes and substituted veggies instead.  They gave me a bowl of lovely and fresh carrot and snow pea medley.





All in all this was absolutely heavenly!  

I did not feel deprived at all.  

My mom and dad even ordered off the skinnylicious menu and they said the food was really good.

Mom had the fish tacos and dad had the salmon.  Both meals looked delectable.  

I will also tell you before I ordered I was looking it all up and reading this article from Hungry Girl.  

You gotta love technology.  It makes this plan infinitely easier than it used to be.

I also personally love how accommodating restaurants are now.  

If I'm being honest I'd also admit it's kinda nice seeing respect shining back in the eyes of the wait staff when I explain that I'm on WW and trying to make a good choice.  

Really, it just feels good to walk your talk.  

So, the next time you go to this restaurant give this a try.  

The only thing I'm doing differently next time is asking that they steam the veggies.  

I think there was possibly peanut or sesame oil on them but they were good and I didn't let it ruin my good mood.

Here's to workin' the plan.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...