Thursday, April 13, 2017

Taco Bowl




There are just some nights I feel too tired to cook.

When I have the energy for it I really love to cook.  It's my way of being creative and I always have fun with it.

But today I had made a re-commitment to exercise and got myself back to the gym.

And, my trainer lovingly put the hurt on me.  It's been a while since I've been and she designed a new program for me.

I don't know how long it's been since I've found myself praying for the stretch at the end.  I kept staring at the clock hoping and praying for it to be over.  Even now my deltoids are getting sore.

Since I was kind of pooped out I decided to make it easy on myself.

I had Morning Star Farms meatless crumbles on hand so I decided to make a taco bowl.




These couldn't be easier to use.

I put them in the skillet frozen and let me tell you they cook up quickly.

So don't walk away from the stove!  They can easily overcook and get dry and stuck on.

All I did for this was warm the crumbles, add taco spice to taste and then threw in one 15 oz can of petite diced tomatoes.



I decided to put fat free refried beans in the bottom of my bowl and then added the taco mix and cheese.



That's all folks.  Like I said, couldn't be easier.

And, it's low in points!

The crumbles are 1 pt for each 1/2 cup serving!  However, that screwy WW math comes into play here because 2 servings is actually 3 pts.  

So I decided to have two servings(3 pts) with 1/3 cup(1 pt) of the beans and 1/2 oz part skim mozzarella(1 pt).

That comes to 5 pts for the whole bowl!

And it was really delicious!

I love keeping easy things like this on hand for these nights when I'm tired.

My only caution....  you might be running for the bathroom.

We're talking high fiber baby so pace yourself ;)


Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...