Tuesday, August 2, 2016


Tiramisu Tarts

Yesterday I decided to make up a recipe for a Tiramisu Tart using those cute little phyllo shells.
 
I had previously tried the WW recipe for mini strawberry-lemon cheesecake tarts. While my mother, son and husband thought they were great I felt there was something lacking.

As I started turning the recipe over in my mind I realized I wanted something altogether different. So, I made up the following recipe and it turned out really well.

I decided to share them with my beautiful WW friends in the weekly meeting and it was oh so much fun.

It's a tasty way to spend 2 pts.


Tiramisu Tarts

30 mini phyllo shells(find them in the freezer section of your grocery store)

4 oz reduced fat cream cheese

4 oz mascarpone(one of my favorite foods in the whole world!)

1/4 tsp liquid coffee extract(such as this one)

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp almond extract

2 Tbsp Truvia

1 tsp cocoa powder

Bittersweet chocolate bar for grating

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the tarts on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.

Let them cool completely.

Let the cream cheese and mascarpone come to room temperature and then beat them in the mixer until well blended.

Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended. Add this to a pastry bag and pipe into the 30 phyllo shells.

Grate bittersweet chocolate shavings over the top of each tart.  

Tips:  If you love coffee you'll want to add more extract.  My son hates coffee so I didn't add quite as much as I would have otherwise.  You could also use espresso powder or some real coffee, just watch the consistency.  

I can’t keep this much temptation in my home so I chose to share them with friends.  

It's lovely with a nice cup of hot tea or coffee.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...