Friday, August 19, 2016

BEST POPCORN EVER

You might think this Post Title is a bit dramatic but after trying this recipe last week I've decided it's the best popcorn I've ever had, truly.


I just picked up Geoffrey Zakarian's book, My Perfect Pantry, from the library and I tried his recipe for Sweet and Spicy Popcorn.



I just have to say, WOW.  I love that combination of sweet and spicy but there are also some unusual flavors in there.

The only danger here is eating too much of this stuff so make sure you have someone to share it with.

It's 8 Smart Points for half of this recipe and that's cutting down the butter from 3 Tablespoons to 1 Tablespoon and substituting Truvia brown sugar blend for the real thing.  

Ergo this would be something to use weekly's on if you so desired.  


His recipe calls for a blend of 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 Spice, 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tsp packed brown sugar(I used Truvia brown sugar blend) and 3 Tbsp of butter(I used 1 Tbsp).  After heated on the stove top it's drizzled over 10 cups popcorn and salt is added to taste.

I actually felt like using coconut oil which is a little higher in pts and adds up to be 9 Smart Points for half the batch using 1 Tablespoon coconut oil.

These are not WW recipes but, as always, we can slim them down to make it work most of the time.

I may try mixing the spices and just sprinkling it on after spraying the popcorn with olive oil spray next time.

This book is worth purchasing or checking out from your local library just to get ideas for seasonings alone.

Let's just say I liked it so well I'll be bringing this with me to our next family gathering and may consider it for a small gift idea when the holidays roll around.


Happy Snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...