Saturday, August 6, 2016

My New Favorite Snack- Cauliflower Tots

I love cooking and trying new recipes.  I also love finding healthy snacks that I love and that I don't have to feel guilty about.

Today's recipe is from Hungry Girl.  These are Cauliflower Tots and they are oh so good.

At only 2 Smart Points per serving this is a really delicious and satisfying snack.

When I made the recipe I didn't note as much water as she indicated there would be.  I also felt like it was a bit difficult to get them to hold their shape when I was forming them.
However, once they were cooked they held together well.

I made the piece of pottery these are sitting on.  It's a little misshapen but I made it! ):

ADDENDUM:
So I addended this post and I made just a couple changes.

I had a happy mistake this time around.  I forgot to put on the blade on my food processor that rices the cauliflower and just threw it in with the regular blade.  It worked really well.  It was more like a fine meal consistency instead of being riced but I think that works better for this recipe.

I don't like having to dry the cauliflower on a towel.

It's a huge mess!

Instead of microwaving the cauliflower and having to deal with the mess of drying it on a towel I threw it in a skillet and cooked it for ten minutes on medium heat.  No towel drying necessary this way, which I prefer.





I also added the spices more liberally as well as adding a dash of cayenne.  When you add the smallest amount of cayenne it can really bring out flavor without too much heat.

It tasted so much better!




Lastly I would mention that I made a double batch this time.  Towards the end of cooking these in the oven I got lazy and the tots got a lot bigger.

It makes it easier but they don't taste as good when they're that large.  Keep it small and they're more likely to stay crisp and delicious.


These are perfect for a Friday night movie date with my Honey.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...