Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pumpkin Pudding

You may have guessed by now that I go to the library on almost a daily basis.  It's one of my favorite stops.

I can't help feeling like I've won the lottery every time I check out.  I mean, they're letting me read FOR FREE!!!

The book I picked up yesterday is called From Junk Food to Joy Food by Joy Bauer.





Joy is a nutritionist and in this book she gives us slimmed down versions of all the goodies we love to indulge in.

Today I tried her recipe for Pumpkin Pudding and made just a couple small changes.

I bought Dannon Light & Fit 80 calorie vanilla Greek yogurt.  To this one 5.3 oz container I added 1/3 cup pumpkin puree.  Joy suggests then adding a dash of cinnamon and optionally using pumpkin pie spice.

I added the cinnamon but left out the pumpkin pie spice and instead added 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 1/8 tsp maple extract and a small dash of nutmeg.

Mix this together and then garnish with 1 Tbsp nuts.

Remember 1 Tbsp almonds= 1 pt, walnuts= 2 pts, pecans= 2 pts.

I really wanted to enjoy this with pecans but sadly I'm out(I think my hubby has gotten into them again :0) )

I added a few almond slivers and it was still DELICIOUS!



What a great treat for 4 Smart Points(depending on which nut you use)!

After the hot and humid summer we've had I am longing for autumn.

Now I have a great fall treat to enjoy while I'm dreaming about cooler days to come.

Happy Cooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...