Friday, August 12, 2016

Tea Time

Today I had the most delightful time lunching with one of my good friends over tea.


Yet another thing I love- tea, tea rooms and all things girly.  I went to a tea room that was new to me today and just had a lovely experience.  I may have swooned a little when they brought out that dessert.  :)


I'm a bit sentimental when it comes to tea because growing up it was a tradition for my mother, grandmother and I to enjoy tea together(as weather permitted) on the back deck in the early hours of the morning, sometimes watching the sunrise.

It was a way to greet the day and savor the moment and each other.

I remember steamy summer mornings watching the bumble bees just getting started as they congregated around the hollyhock bushes.

I remember cool, crisp fall mornings bundled up in blankets and jackets, watching my breath in the cool air, the smell of damp Earth and chimney smoke tickling my nose and the sound of crunching leaves.

While we don't have tea every morning now we still enjoy it when we can.  What's even more special is that now my son enjoys tea and sunrise with his Gran and I as well.

It's a joy to me to see him truly appreciate God's work in each day's sunrise.  He always finds something beautiful in it, no matter how dreary it may seem to anyone else.

It's a great reminder to stop and smell the roses and appreciate all the smallest moments in life.

In the end those are the ones we remember and cherish most.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...