Friday, August 26, 2016

A Late Night Sweet Treat

So, it's late in the evening and you've nearly used all your points up or maybe you have used them all up.

You want something sweet but regular sugar laden foods are high in points.


The question is what do you eat?


Here's how I answered this last night.


I peeled an apple and cut it into chunks and added 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp maple extract, 1/4 tsp of almond extract, a tiny dash of nutmeg, a generous dash of cinnamon, 2 tsp of water and 1/2 tsp of Truvia.

 



I microwaved this for 1 & 1/2 minutes and stirred it up.




You can eat it like this and it would be 0 pts.


Or, if you have the 1 pt left, you can add 2 Tbsp of fat free Cool Whip.






Oh baby, is that good!  This is a 1 pt treat!

If you haven't done so already I would say it really pays to start experimenting with your extracts and spices.  

It adds a lot of flavor without adding points.  

This was so good I almost made a second batch for myself last night....

but I was too lazy.  :)

I hope you enjoy this low point, Autumn inspired sweet treat.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...