Thursday, August 11, 2016

Adventures in Cooking

Some recipes are a bit of work and some are just plain tricky.

When I was at Barnes and Noble today I was browsing several cookbooks and food magazines when I found a recipe for crepe lasagna.  I found this in a book called The Gluten-free Kitchen by Pamela Moriarty.


It's no secret that I like it when my food looks pretty and this was one pretty picture.
Just reading the ingredient list made me salivate so I knew I had to try it.

Keep in mind that this isn't a low cal recipe.  I decided to use my weekly's on this although I did cut a few calories and some fat where I could.

I don't know if I've ever really cringed while cooking a dish but I did today.

This lasagna is layered in a spring form pan and I had visions of releasing the form to watch my lasagna ooze out onto the pan underneath in a big pile of liquid goo.

Think layers of meat sauce and cheese between paper thin crepes.

Fortunately it didn't fall apart but my final product wasn't quite as attractive as the picture in the book.

It did taste wonderful though, very decadent.




Would I make this again?  Probably not.
But even though it didn't come out as I'd hoped I'm glad I tried it.

Cooking should be adventurous and fun and creative and this was all those things.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...