Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Mexican Sweet Potato Casserole & Fruit & Yogurt Jello Cups

One of my favorite WW friendly websites is skinnytaste.

It's author, Gina Homolka, has so many creative ideas and I love that she has the Smart Points and nutritionals listed for every recipe.

I recently tried her recipe for Spiralized Mexican Sweet Potato and Chicken Casserole.

This is 9 Smart Points and I thought the portions were really generous.

It is a bit time consuming but it's worth it.  I didn't have the guajillo peppers she mentioned and, in fact, I've never heard of them and wouldn't know where to get them.

I substituted chipotle peppers in abdabo sauce instead.  My husband and I like things spicy so it worked out well for us.

I also didn't have fresh tomatoes on hand so I used two 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes.

Take a look at my final product-







This was amazingly delicious and satisfying.  I didn't feel hungry enough to eat the rest of the pan afterward and that's pretty amazing for me!  

This is also one of those recipes that tastes even better leftover!  

I love that smoky flavor from the chipotle peppers.  

I really love coming home from work knowing dinner is already prepared, I don't have to cook and I already know the points!



Of course we can't forget dessert.  I found this 1 pt dessert on another of my preferred websites emilybites.  

Fruit and yogurt Jello cups are an easy and inexpensive recipe.  I wouldn't say it tasted great but it was good and at 1 pt it tasted even better.  

It definitely gets points for looking good ;)


The instructions said to pour this into a paper lined muffin pan.  I didn't have paper liners on hand so I used a silicone muffin tin.  

This worked okay but I would say getting them out perfectly is a little tricky.  Some of the bottoms broke apart a little.  

Leaving them in the fridge longer seemed to help somewhat though. 









So 10 pts for dinner and dessert?  Not bad and it tasted great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...