Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pizza Pizza!

With all those beautiful caramelized onions on hand I was inspired to make a pizza.

So, today I used the 3 pt Flat-Out brand Artisan Thin Pizza Crust with rosemary and olive oil flavor.


First I sauteed 2 oz of baby portabella mushrooms on the stove top along with 2 cloves of minced garlic.  Then I added kale to the skillet.

To the flat bread I added 2 Tbsp of no sugar pizza sauce, 2 Tbsp caramelized onions, the baby portabella mushroom mixture, 4 halved cherry tomatoes, and 1 oz of part skim mozzarella cheese(2 pts).

I baked it just until the cheese melted.

Here's what it looked like...






This is a 5 pt pizza!  

I was going to add some of my shredded rotisserie chicken as well but my husband and son had already finished it off.  That's the real world for you.  :)


The only thing I'd do differently next time around is maybe use a little less mushroom.  

I love mushrooms but the pizza was a little heavy and more wet than I like or than this thin flat bread could easily hold.

Another option would be to use a whole wheat pita.  Toufayan brand is 2 pts per pita and it's relatively thick and holds up well to lots of toppings.  

Often times I just use sauce, cheese and turkey pepperoni(14 slices is only 1 pt!).  It's dry and the crust is usually nice and crisp, which I like.  

This is still a great way to get a pizza fix without breaking the pts bank.  

Given that pizza has historically been a trigger food for me it's also nice that this has built in portion control.  









2 comments:

  1. Hey it's Lena we sat with u at the tea, wanted to let u know I'm keeping up with ur blog and am enjoying it (I ❤️ Reading blogs) also thought I'd tell u l found pizza sauce at the dollar tree with no sugar�� And I bought the dressing u told us about and i found the ice cream at Kroger so keep those post coming, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, sorry it has taken me so long to see this and respond! I'm not tech savvy, .... yet. Thanks for the feedback! I love hearing about good finds. Best wishes, Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...