Sunday, August 7, 2016

Life After Binge

So, this weekend besides making the lovely Hungry Girl cauliflower tots I also decided to make WW Gooey Rocky Road Bars.


I have looked for the chocolate wafer cookies common to many WW dessert recipes to no avail until my WW friend, Carol told me where to find them.

Here's a link to the recipe on a public site so everyone can view it.

These were not good, they were FANTASTIC!  Oh my gosh!  The only problem was that they were too good.

I could not seem to stop myself and just plowed through over half the pan before I finally hit the panic button and took the rest of them to my mother's.  At 6 Smart Points per serving I don't even want to tell you how many points that was.

They taste like the Magic Cookie Bars your mom made when you were little but the crust is chocolate instead of Graham cracker and they're thinner.

In my opinion they were way better!

So, the recipe is a keeper but this will be reserved for times when I have company to share it with.

After I got over wallowing in shame and guilt I picked myself back up and started over.

We're not defined by our falls.  It's what we do after that really defines us and I am the girl who picks herself back up.  :)

Today I made better choices.  I got my exercise in and I made a new recipe for vegan meatloaf I got from my friend Mary.  This serves 6 and is 6 Smart Points per serving.

You can find it here.

I've tried other vegan meatloaf and I think this was the best I've ever had.  It's a bit of work but it's worth it.

Everyone has bad days, days you miss the mark and wish you'd done better.

The good news is that everyday is a new day and we can start over.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...