Saturday, August 20, 2016

That's a Wrap!

I just got back home from a trip to Hy-Vee.  It's not close to my house but it simply has the best selection and it's the only store in town where I can get my Halo Top ice cream fix.

So, clearly, it's a necessary drive.


Before I get to my Strawberry Halo Top treat I need a good lunch.

Today I made myself a lovely, summery wrap for lunch.

After seeing this product on the Hungry Girl newsletter I ordered one package of tomato flavored Gem Wraps.



They have several different flavors but I went with tomato.  This flavor is a ZERO pt wrap.  

It's a bit pricey but I wanted to try it at least once.  

This thing is really like a fruit roll-up.  

It's just sturdy enough to keep things from falling apart but does have a nice flavor.



  

So for my lunch today I put some romaine lettuce(0 pt), 3 oz of Tyson precooked and grilled chicken breast(This adds up to 1 pt in the calculator and scanner though 3 oz of chicken is typically 2 pts-I'm asking my leader about this), cucumber slices(0 pt), 1 tsp of Hormel Real Bacon Pieces(0 pt) and 1 Tbsp of Boathouse Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt salad dressing(1 pt for 1 or 2 Tbsp) on my Gem Wrap.  

I thought I'd cut a point by using only 1 Tbsp of the dressing but then found out that there's no difference in pts between 1 & 2 Tbsp on the dressing.  You should totally go for the 2 Tbsp!  I'm going to next time around.  


Yummy Cucumber Dill Dressing only 1 pt per serving!!!
Woo hoo!!!





I didn't fold it up at both ends and cut it in the middle because I thought it might get a little too messy.


I'm one messy girl even on my best days.  I don't want this to be another salad-dressing-on-the-shirt day if I can help it. ;)



Boy's and girls you're looking at a 3 pt wrap!  




Yes, I'm totally doing a happy dance right now... and I haven't even had the Halo Top yet!!!  


There are so many possibilities for flavor and creativity when you're doing a wrap.  


The best part is knowing it's also good for you!  Win-win!


Get out there and get cooking, savoring and enjoying your food!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...