Saturday, August 27, 2016

Let's Go Shopping!

I went shopping today.

Oh what fun it is now that I finally have a smart phone and can scan bar codes and look up points!

Since joining WW I have started shopping at our local SAM's Club more and more.

Here are a few items I purchased...








This is a variety pack of tomatoes and baby bella mushrooms both of which are 0 pts.  





Today they were sampling these mozzarella & roasted garlic chicken sausages.  They tasted really good and they're only 4 pts for one!  These are REALLY BIG!!!!  

The Johnsonville brand I usually buy is also 4 pts per link but they're so much smaller.  So this is a really great find!




I can't wait to try these Parmesan encrusted tilapia.  They're a little higher in pts, 6 pts per one 3.5 oz fillet, but our friends are in love with these so they must be good.  




I heard about these breakfast sandwiches from a member at my WW meeting.  They're really good and only 4 pts a piece.  On the mornings I don't feel like cooking you just pop one in the microwave for a minute and breakfast is served.  I usually have a piece of fruit along with it as well as my coffee of course.  

The turkey meatballs are 4 pts for five meatballs.  I'm eating these for dinner.  You'll see how that turns out on another post.  

The artichokes are a 0 pt food and they're chocked full of antioxidants and fiber.  
These are beautiful and versatile.  My husband gets into them all the time.  I like to put them into summer pastas among other things.  Yummm....



Hormel Black Label bacon is only 2 pts for four pieces!  You can eat them plain or put them on sandwiches or wrap them around shrimp.  They're so good and not having to stand at the stove and cook it is even better!





These last two products are actually from our local Price Cutter.  This Best Choice Light whipped cream is only 1 pt per 2 Tbsp serving, same as fat free Cool Whip. 





Rotisserie chicken is a great thing to have on hand.  If you're too tired to cook you can eat it plain or shred it and put it into other recipes, casseroles, enchiladas etc.  It saves a step in cooking and saves you a lot of time.  

Points vary depending on what or dark meat and if there is added bbq sauce or other sugars.  For regular white breast meat it's 1 pt per 3 oz without the skin.  

Buying in bulk can be a great way to save time and money.  

I hope this gives you some ideas of new things to try.  

Happy Shopping!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...