Monday, August 1, 2016

Books & Coffee




Two of my favorite things in the world are books and coffee. Don't get me wrong, hot tea is great too but today I'm talking about coffee.

"Can I still have my coffee? The coffee I've been drinking is so high in points". This is often one of the first concerns I hear from new WW members and rightfully so. It's a serious matter ;)

Thankfully the answer is a resounding YES! You CAN have your coffee!
Some things do usually have to change however. Drinking coffee with whole or 2% is going to cost you. When I started WW I very slowly transitioned myself off of whole milk. I hear a collective gasp I think- yes, I drank whole milk before starting WW. At one point in time I did a low carb diet and they use whole milk.

I started making my coffee 1/2 whole milk and 1/2 2% milk. Once I got used to that I made it with 1/2 2% and 1/2 skim. Later my leader told me to try fat free half and half and I now use 1/2 of that with 1/2 skim milk.

Here comes the really good news... stevia flavored drops make the coffee taste amazing! There are just so many flavors to choose from too. I have chocolate, caramel, toffee, vanilla and hazelnut. I add around 7 drops(0 pts) of the chocolate to my coffee in the morning and it's wonderful.

I also use these drops in my cooking and they work well without adding sugar calories and points.

Here is a link to one brand's site:  http://www.shopsweetleaf.com/sweet-drops-liquid-stevia/



Onto books...

I LOVE books so it's no surprise that I adore the public library. I actually think it's highly underutilized and underappreciated.
People often don't realize that they can get almost any book they're looking for there and if they don't have it on hand they can order it. They also have music, e-books, and movies.

One of my favorite things to do is to find books I want on Amazon and then put them on hold at our public library. I've found all sorts of helpful, WW friendly books there.

Here is the latest: Skinny Dips by Diane Morgan. I just checked this book out last night so I haven't had the chance to cook from it yet but it looks great! It has all sorts of low calorie, skinnied down dips.
The best part? It's FREE because it's a library book! :)

So go ahead and curl up with your yummy coffee and an even more delicious book and enjoy yourself!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...