Sunday, February 12, 2017

What To Say & Do When You Don't Know What To Say & Do

Today I just wanted to share a book I'm really exciting about reading.

It's Kelsey Crowe's There's No Good Card For This:  What To Say and Do When Life is Scary, Awful, and Unfair To People You Love.

I have already requested this for purchase from our local library ;)

I know you're probably wondering why I would encourage you to read something I haven't gotten to even read yet myself.

It's because I got really excited about it when I read this article.

It's about a subject that's dear to my heart and I just had to share my excitement with friends.

How many times have I thought "What do I say?  How can I show up in the most loving way I can to support them?"

The truth is that some things in life are just HARD and scary and we're left not knowing what to say.

So often I think we want to love and help and support someone going through something difficult but we don't even know how to show up.

The meager few words we've been taught always seem to fall short in the face of tragic situations.

Sometimes even phrases like "I know how you feel" just aren't right because I think it minimizes the other person's experience and then makes it all about you instead of all about them.

This is something I struggle with in my personal and professional life.

I am always looking for better ways to communicate love and support so I am really looking forward to reading this book.

I'll give you an update after I've had the chance to finish it.

Until then I'll be wading through the other six or so books I'm currently reading in my "nest" on the couch. :)

Happy Reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...