Friday, February 10, 2017

Creamy Crab Stuffed Bell Peppers



I got the idea for this recipe on myrecipes.com.

You can find the original recipe here.

Now I used Crab Delights imitation crab because it was cheap and easy.

It comes in 8 oz packages and since I was only making this for two I cut the recipe into thirds.

I also left out the fennel and used one celery stalk finely diced to give it an extra crunch.

I also left out the lemon zest because I'm not a huge lemon fan unless it's a dessert.

Here are the proportions I used

Ingredients

1 8 oz package of Crab Delights imitation crab meat, flake style

3 Tbs Reduced fat Vegenaise(found in the health food store or healthfood section of your supermarket)

1/2 tsp lemon juice

1 tsp dried parsley

1/4 cup whole wheat panko

3 bell peppers(color of your choice)

Dash of salt


Instructions

I was too lazy to grill the peppers so I cleaned them, cut the tops off, pulled the seeds out and microwaved them for three minutes.



This way I also avoided extra points for the olive oil.  I can be really stingy with my points sometimes ;)




So I just mixed all the above ingredients together, tearing the crab up a bit more to even it out.




I then baked them without the lids for 10-12 minutes at 450 degrees F.



I put some foil between the peppers to help hold them in place since I was only making three.





If you follow my proportions it will serve 3 and comes out to only 3 pts per serving!

Woo hoo!!!

It's so pretty too!

You know how I love that :)






I cannot tell you how happy I am with how this recipe turned out.

If you love seafood like I do it's a must try.

Happy Cooking!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...