Monday, February 6, 2017

Groan, Vent, Laugh & Then MOVE ON

It's funny how I sometimes forget that this truly is a lifelong journey.

I LOVED what Oprah said last week about not getting caught up in an end goal because it's lifelong.

I've found out on my own that after making Lifetime with WW I seemed to flounder a bit.

And, I think it was all mindset.

That brings me to this past weekend...

Friday night I wanted nothing more than this rich, quinoa Fiesta Casserole.

I know, you're thinking "Quinoa is healthy- that's not too bad".

This is the full Fatty McFatty folks, made with high fat milk and cheese for the sauce and Lord love a duck but it's heavenly.

And, yes, I could've slimmed it down but I didn't want the slimmed down version.

However, at the same time I had gained a little and had been diligently working on losing that weight so I wasn't going to allow myself the full fat casserole.

Cue the binge....

I don't keep unhealthy foods in my house anymore, save the mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips, so I don't have a lot of junk to binge on.

But a binge is still a binge, even if it's on healthy food.

And I ate the house down for almost three days straight!

Son-of-a-turkey farmer!!!!

I was so mad at myself I could just spit!

Today, post binge, I felt awful, mentally and physically.

I felt like I'd swallowed a watermelon.

My fingers and gut were swollen and my pants were tight.

Oh, how I'd forgotten how I hated that feeling!!!

Undoubtedly some of this is bodily fluids but some of it is just fat poor choices.

And the moral of the story is...

SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOTTA EAT THE FREAKING CASSEROLE!!!!

Because if you let yourself have it I think you're less likely to eat the house down like I did.

In the end the casserole would've probably been a lot fewer calories and points.

So the mental chatter sounded something like this...

"Oh my gosh I feel so crappy about myself.  Why did I do that?  I know what to do.  What's my deal?  Why do I keep doing this?....

Well, it's done.  At least I'm going back to work today and I'm more in control on days I work.

Gosh I feel bloated and gross!

No way I'm going to my meeting and weighing in tomorrow.  It's too humiliating.

What will they think if I don't show(I do have a WW posse)?  Ugg, .... I probably should go but I don't want to."

Then I got home from work and started surfing through WW's Connect and reading all those inspirational stories.

I also received the new heavy duty resistance bands I ordered from Amazon to do assisted pull ups(a long time dream of mine).

I thought of the awesome picture of mudhustler's wife I saw posted on Connect doing pull ups.

And by the end of my little surf I had not only decided to go to my meeting tomorrow but am determined to go and own it and ready to move on.

The good news is that even though I know this will probably always happen from time to time it doesn't take me as long as it used to to get back to center.

And, when I do slip my body reminds me of all my "why?"'s.

And so it goes...  Groan, Vent, Laugh and then MOVE ON.

Thank God tomorrow is a new day!

:)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...