Monday, February 13, 2017

Broccoli & Cheese Veggie Tots



I first heard about these on the Hungry Girl newsletter.

These are the Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese Veggie Tots.



There are three types thus far:  Broccoli & Cheese Tots, Cauliflower Tots & plain Broccoli Tots.

Since that time I have searched almost every local store trying to find them.

What I usually find is a blank shelf because they've already sold out.

When I talked with a local grocer I was told that there is such a high demand for these that they haven't been able to keep up.

And why not?

I've made home made cauliflower tots and they were great but, geesh, when you're tired who wouldn't want the option of an already-made healthy treat?

I also recognize that not everyone even likes to cook.

So, I FINALLY found the Broccoli & Cheese Tots.

It was the only type they had left and it was the very last bag.

Let's talk points~

For the Broccoli & Cheese it's 4 pts per serving.  One serving is 6 tots and there are approximately 5 servings per bag.  



These tasted fantastic!

I love salt but even I had to admit they were a little salty.  

Don't add salt before you taste them and if you're on a low salt diet it's probably not the best option.

The other tots may not be so salty.  I don't know since I haven't been able to get a hold of them yet but will let you know.  

Overall I still really loved these.

My only problem was I wanted to eat the whole bag and it would've been really easy to do so.

I had to have my husband eat some before I ate the whole thing.  

While 4 pts isn't too bad if you down the whole bag it's 20 pts!  So watch out!

These are definitely worth a try, if you can find them.



Happy Snacking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...