Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day Friends!



Today is the day of Love.

Every year my son and I make a heart cake to celebrate Valentine's Day.

And on WW, this year is no different because it's my life.  

So, I obviously used weeklies on this because it's the full fat version cake.  

And, this year I made a rainbow cake.

Yes, I had to color five different bowls of batter for this.

It was kind of a pain but it made my son happy.  

And, I'm so in love with that kid I can't see straight.  :)





It was completely messy and fun.  I let my son, Colin, do most of the decorating.  

Didn't he do a nice job? ;)

Sorry I couldn't get this pic turned for you.  

I did choose to immediately take leftovers over to my cousin's precious little children and all leftover frosting too!

It was my version of a Hail Mary pass!  Quick!  Take this cake!  It can't live in my home!!!

Beyond cake, fancy dinners, chocolates, champagne and flowers love means a lot more.

You know, there are so many kinds of love~ love of God, parents, spouse, children, self, neighbors, friends, pets, ideas, strangers & sometimes even enemies.

I don't think Valentine's Day is just about romantic love because real love is way bigger than that. 

I think in those intangible moments in my life where I knew real love was pervading my Being it was the experience of love being both noun and verb.  

It was so big I couldn't fit it all into my mind, body and soul, I had to express it.  

My cup was full to running over, an endless supply of Good.  

It loves for the sake of loving and gives, not because it has to, but because it must.  

That, I believe, is Divine Love and that's as good as it gets.  

My wish for you today then is not so much for a romantic interlude but for a moment of real, Divine Love that washes through and through you, mind, body, and Spirit.

Whether you know it or not, you are loved.  Today I just pray you feel it.  

Happy Valentine's Day Friends!


I'm going to leave you today with quotes on Love:

 "Love is an inner quality that sees good everywhere and in everybody. It insists that all is good, and by refusing to see anything but good it causes that quality finally to appear uppermost in itself, and in all things." …  Charles Fillmore

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” 
― Dr. Seuss

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” 
― Martin Luther King Jr.A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” 
― Lao Tzu

1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

*For those of you who read to the end here is the song my husband and I fell in love to :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...