Monday, February 27, 2017

Sweet Squash




It's kind of hard to make this look attractive because it's not but, it tastes good.

One of my favorite things to do if I'm low on points and looking for something sweet is to cook up an acorn squash.  

I roast in on a olive oil spray, foil lined baking sheet at 450 F for 45-60 minutes.  

If you don't like the char it's only a thin layer and you can scrape it off.  You'll still have the yummy roasted flavor.  




After you bake it pull out the flesh of one half of the squash and mix it up with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp Truvia Brown Sugar Blend.

The other option would be to substitute pure maple syrup for the Truvia.  



That's a 1 pt dessert.  

It's not as sweet as ice cream but it's mild and sweet and nutritious and something I love.

Guilt-free tastes delicious.


Happy Cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...