Saturday, February 11, 2017

Nancy's Banana Blueberry Muffins




My leader, Nancy, is so amazing she shares recipes with us at every meeting.

To my knowledge she is the only leader in our immediate area who does that.

And so in acknowledgement and appreciation of Nancy I wanted to share one of her recipes today.

I do have to confess that I have never liked banana bread, but I used to also hate broccoli and cauliflower and I have learned to like them both.

This is the first step in my mission to learn to like banana breads, partly because they're low in points.

I've also seen so many WW friendly recipes that use bananas as ingredients.

Bananas are just a great, all natural sweetener.


This makes 5 muffins.  

Ingredients

1 cup mashed very ripe banana

1 cup old-fashioned uncooked rolled oats

1 beaten egg

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries


Instructions

Spray 5 cups in a traditional muffin tin.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.  Combine mashed banana, oats, beaten egg, baking powder, and vanilla in a medium bowl.










Stir in blueberries.  Fill muffin cups evenly.

Bake at 425 F for 5 minutes then decrease temperature to 375 F and bake an additional 15 minutes.

Allow muffins to cool about 10 minutes and then remove from pan and place on a cooling rack.

Store the extra muffins in the refrigerator as these are very moist.

1 muffin= 2 pts




And the verdict...

I liked it!

The banana flavor was very subtle and my taste buds were more distracted by the yummy blueberries and oats.

Did I mention I love oats? 

This is definitely a keeper.  

My thanks to Nancy, not only for another great recipe, but for being the amazing leader and wonderful person that she is.  

I love my leader!

Thank you Nancy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...