Saturday, February 4, 2017

Safety Pup Says Safety First!


I'm big on safety.

And, I'm big on cooking.

Given that I work in a medical office I can tell you that many of the lacerations we see are secondary to accidents with a kitchen knife.  

Sometimes even when we're careful these things happen and so I was really excited when I found this product.  

These are the No Cry Cut Resistant Gloves that I purchased on Amazon.  

These do not claim to entirely prevent injury but greatly reduce the likelihood of injury by providing a cut resistant barrier.  

I actually ordered these with a new mandolin and you know how sharp those are.   

They're also washable which I love because they're more eco-friendly.  

I typically keep disposable gloves in my kitchen for the times I cut hot peppers(If you've ever been pepper burned you understand this) and I use my sturdier rubber gloves when I'm grating or using sharper knives or peelers.

So I was really excited to find this product and give it a try.  



Before you consider ordering these be sure to measure your palm width as they suggest.  

Mine fit perfectly and they work even better!

Now I won't have to worry about continuing to buy disposable gloves.  

And I know this will be a safer option when I am using my mandolin or other sharp knives.  

As a side note~ don't forget to always make sure your tetanus booster is up to date.  

They're good for ten years.  Check with your personal doctor to see if you're up to date.

Kitchen Safety is a Must and I know this will be one of my new kitchen favorites.




Happy & Safe Cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...