Friday, February 24, 2017

Oil, Fat & Flame



Just a short post today on oil.

Why so short? You may ask.

Because, it seems my son has passed the cold he just got over to his Mommy.

It's just a common cold but it's annoying enough I'm just not feeling 100%.

I'm sure I'll be feeling back to my former ornery self in no time. ;)

Prayers and positive thoughts are always appreciated though.


So, the other day I was shopping at TJ Max.  Now I usually never go there but my cousin, Mary, loves the place and has been raving about all the deals she finds.

She specifically related that there are a lot of good deals to be found on various foods which was a surprise to me.

When I went last week I did indeed find something I was excited to find.

It's an aerosolized avocado spray.

What's so exciting about avocado spray?

Well, it's a high heat oil.

What does that mean?

It means it has a high smoke point.  When you cook with oils they all have a smoke point or a point at which they smoke and release toxic fumes.

I'm admittedly impatient even when cooking.

My husband calls me Patience for a reason.  Because I don't have a lot of it.

I like to cook on high heat so knowing smoke point and which oils are high heat oils is important.

If you feel so interested and so inclined I'm leaving you today with this article from Cleveland Clinic on oil.

Thanks to my cousin Mary for passing on the tip! :)

Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...