Monday, February 6, 2017

S'more & More



So I was experimenting with those cute little Pizzelles and made a nice s'more with them among other things.

I hadn't been able to fold them even after microwaving but after heating one up with marshmallows in tow it folded.

After that I tried loosely wrapping one in a moist paper towel and microwaving it for 30 seconds and it worked like a charm.

The main thing to remember is that you need to fold these over IMMEDIATELY after microwaving.

This isn't a go look out the window or do something else and come back to it kind of thing.

They dry and harden back up quickly and then they'll just break when you try to fold them.

For the s'mores I used 10 mini marshmallows(1 pt) with 1 tsp mini chocolate chips(1 pt) and microwaved it for around 20 seconds.

This is another time you need to stand by the microwave.  These puff up and will go all over if you overdo it on cooking time.

Stand there and watch them in the microwave while they cook.



Immediately after gently fold it over making a little s'mores taco of sorts.  


I actually liked these way better than regular s'mores because I like the pizzelles better than graham crackers. 


You can find the WW cannoli recipe here.  If you're unable to view that page you can look here.

I won't reiterate that but I will tell you I changed it up again.  

If you know me you'll know I can't be trusted with a plate full of cookies in my home.  

I'll eat them all.  And so I decided not to make a whole batch.  

Here's what I did~

I combined 1 Tbsp part skim ricotta(1 pt) with 2 Tbsp fat free whip topping(1 pt) and then added 1 tsp Truvia(0 pts) and 1 tsp mini chocolate chips(1 pt), 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp almond extract.  


Mix it all together and set aside. 


As I mentioned above, to make the pizzelle more pliable wet a paper towel and then gently wring the water out and wrap the pizzelle inside.  

Microwave for 30 seconds and then immediately and gently fold it over.  



I then used a spoon to spoon in the ricotta mix.  


You could either use the same mix, substituting strawberries for chocolate chips(and saving 1 pt) or you could just use fat free whip topping or light whip cream.  I also added a tsp of Truvia to the berries after I finely diced them.  


I LOVE strawberries and cream!!!



I really love it when my food looks so pretty!!!

These were a really great treat that I will most definitely make again.

There are really so many options with these.  One that comes to mind is nutella....

I've also thought about savory pizzelle options with cheese and meat.  

Possibilities are endless.  

Have fun with this!

Happy Cooking!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...