Friday, February 3, 2017

Pretty Pizzelles



You just gotta love desserts, or at least I do.

I used to say dessert was the forgotten food group and boy did I treat it like one.

It used to be dessert first because, hey, you don't want to run out of room for it. :)

One of my fellow WW members brought in these beautiful Italian waffle cookies called Pizzelles.

Now I was really excited about this because I've seen several great recipes for these on the WW site but I could never find them.

Turns out you can buy them at Aldi's as well as the Sara Lee Outlet(didn't even know we had one of those here).

So I rushed out and bought the vanilla and anise flavored Pizzelles.

I was sort of just okay on the anise flavor but I LOVE the vanilla and they're so versatile.

They're also relatively low in points for a cookie.




These are 5 pts for 6 delicious cookies.  

Today I decided to put Halo Top Pistachio flavored ice cream between two cookies to make an ice cream sandwich and just, mmmm......


These are so darn good!



And did I mention that Halo Top Pistachio flavored ice cream is one of my absolute favorites???

This was a heavenly treat.

I have yet to try the cute little WW cannoli but it's on my list of to-do's. 

You could crush these up and put them atop your ice cream for a crunch or use them to dip into another sweet treat.

Some of our members like mixing the PB2 powder with light Cool Whip and sandwiching it between these cookies after freezing it for a bit.  

Whatever you do with them I promise it will be yummy!

So excited to find these little cookies!

They're a real treat!!!





2 comments:

  1. I love these! I like them with just coffee or tea for a sweet snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds so good! Hmmm... coffee :)

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...