Saturday, February 25, 2017

Jalapeno-Cheddar Sweet Potato Puffs



I got this recipe from Myfitnesspal.com.

You can find the complete recipe here.

I'd also like to put in a quick plug for myfitnesspal.  I actually really love their articles and recipe ideas.

I feel like it's worth signing up even if you're not using their calorie tracker because you're using WW pts.  And, it's totally FREE.

They also have a great data base.  There are times that I can find nutritional info there when I can't on the WW app.  It's a nice supplement to our plan I think.

Onto these scrumptious little puffs...

I've made these a few times because my husband and I just love them.

It's kind of fun because it's a combination of ingredients and flavors I wouldn't necessarily have put together in this way.

I LOVE that!

Trying new things and learning new things makes me feel fully alive.

The recipe says to boil the sweet potatoes before hand but I've just put them in the oven to roast and it tastes great.

I look at it as one less dirty pan to wash later.

I haven't made this since I've been on WW.  It just wasn't something I thought of until now.

However, when I started putting this in the recipe builder I realized it would be higher in points than I wanted so I changed it up this time.

I did a little experimenting with this.

I substituted 4 egg whites for the 2 whole eggs.

I also decided to try substituting 4 wedges of Laughing Cow Pepper Jack Cheese for the reduced fat cheddar cheese or regular pepper jack because it's a lot lower in points.

I've also learned to really love the Laughing Cow cheeses.

For one I love that I know each wedge is 1 pt for the types I buy.  I don't have to think about it, just one wedge= 1 pt.

I also think one could make a vegan version of this substituting in silken tofu and adding in some extra spice.  Just a thought.  I haven't tried that yet.


Now, into the kitchen!

Here's my beautiful baked sweet potatoes and minced jalapeno.  I ended up using about 1 1/2 of these.



Mix it up with the Greek yogurt, bacon, egg whites.


And after all the Laughing Cow is added this is my mixture.  


This made 19.  The recipe said it would make 18 with one serving being 3 puffs.  


This is 3 pts per serving of 3 puffs.



The verdict?

They tasted different than before but were not better or worse.

Which means.. 

They're still really yummy!!!

I think the thing that was different was the consistency, probably from the cheese change up.  

They were a little tricky getting out of the pan and came out in bits.

But I was okay with that.  I'm not entering a contest or trying to impress anyone.  

I'm just sharing recipes with friends.

I'm making them for me and for my family and because cooking is fun!

Bottom line~

I love em' :)

I hope you do too!



Happy Cooking!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...