Monday, February 20, 2017

Strawberry Napoleons



Since I had a lot of leftover phyllo dough I thought my son and I could make some cute little Napoleons together.  

I remembered seeing something like this in a Hungry Girl cookbook once.  

Here is a similar recipe.  


Ingredients

phyllo dough- let this sit out in the wrapper for several hours until completely thawed!

1 packet- Jello sugar free vanilla pudding

2 cups thinly sliced strawberries

1 packet Truvia

Light whip cream for garnish


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

After the phyllo dough is completely thawed set aside five thin sheets stacked together.  Spray olive oil spray between each sheet.  Then with the sheets stacked cut into eight 3 x 4 rectangles.

Cook then on your silicone mat or a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with olive oil spray.
Bake them around six minutes.  I would check them every 2-3 minutes so they don't over brown.





Sprinkle the berries with Truvia and then start layering the Napoleons.  

I layered in this order phyllo then berries, pudding(2 Tbsp), phyllo, pudding(2 Tbsp), berry and whip cream garnish.




My son used the whip cream a bit more liberally.  ;)

Obviously the points will vary depending on how much pudding and cream you use.  

I gave myself 3 pts per Napoleon.




These were really fun and easy.  

I forever love berries and cream so this really hit the spot.  

Happy Cooking!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...