Thursday, January 26, 2017

Zucchini Fries



This is a WW recipe.  

You can find the recipe link here.  

Although I usually change recipes up as I make them I didn't change much.

This time I more or less stuck to the script this time.

The one small change I made was using half regular seasoned breadcrumbs and half Panko.

Panko just retains that crunch so much better.  It gives everything a nice texture and look.  

This recipe is very easy to follow and it is very good although I would definitely recommend dipping them in marinara or another low point dip.  

Alone they are a little too dry for me.  

Here's a quick peak~





That brings me to another insanely easy recipe, something I love to make with zucchini.

You can cut the zucchini into sticks as above or you can cut long strips lengthwise like you would do if you were making zucchini lasagna.  

I usually do the latter because it involves less work.  

All you do is lay the zucchini on a lined baking sheet as above(with Silpat or foil lined and sprayed with olive oil spray) and then sprinkle them with McCormick's Lemon Pepper Seasoning.

My husband is actually the one who first did this and it's crazy good.

Yup- only two ingredients and really yummy.

I love it when my husband makes these for me.

AND....

They're ZERO Points!!!

Woo hoo!

Lastly, you might check out this post on zucchini pizzas.  They're really easy and addictive!

So, if you just need the crunch go for the breaded sticks

Need a pizza fix?  Maybe the zucchini pizzas will satisfy your craving.

But, if you want a 0 pt snack or side try it sans breading with just the lemon pepper seasoning.

Any way you fix it, it's delish!  



Happy Cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...