Sunday, January 29, 2017

Big @#$ Waffle!!!




Okay, if you've been on WW's Connect or Facebook or Instagram at all you've probably heard of this but it's a first time for me so I'm posting on this.

This recipe comes from mudhustler.

I don't typically swear so you'll have to forgive the title of this recipe.

But if you want to look it up you'll have to search "Big ass waffle".

Again, I'm not fond of the name and didn't come up with that but I have to give you that so you can search for it.

I was a little nervous about making this since my making of his 1 sp doughnut didn't go so well for me.

But, I'm happy to report this came off without a hitch.  :)

This recipe is extremely simple and, for what you're getting, it tastes really good.

The WHOLE waffle is 3 pts!

That is crazy amazing!!!

And so I give you mudhustler's waffles~


Ingredients 

4 Tbsp Kodiak power cakes mix

4 Tbsp liquid egg whites

1 scoop salted caramel Quest protein powder

2/3 cup of cold water(I NEVER ADD THIS MUCH WATER!  I usually use 1/2 cup)

1 tsp baking powder

1 packet Truvia


Instructions

***UPDATE:  I've made this several times since I posted this and I want to again say that I never use 2/3 cup water.  I usually use 1/2 cup of water.  
In addition I don't pour all of it in at once.  For me, one batch makes about 1 1/2-2 waffles.***

Whisk all ingredients together and then cook in your waffler maker.

Could it be any easier?  I think not.






I bought both of these products at Hy-Vee.




Important side note here.  I did not use the whole 2/3 cup of water.  

I would add the water slowly, whisking while you go.  

I think if I had added the whole 2/3 cup of water it would've been runny.

I also have what I would call a regular sized Belgium waffle maker but it still overflowed when I put the lid down.




But it still turned out well.  


I gotta say this made me really happy.  

It's so exciting to get a WHOLE BELGIUM WAFFLE for 3 pts!!!!

I love these with fresh raspberries or strawberries and a little light whip cream or, as seen at the top of this page, with blueberries.

My family and I pick blueberries in the summer and I store them in the freezer to eat through the year.  

I usually put a handful in a mug and microwave them until they're not just thawed but hot.  

Make sure to cover the mug because the berries burst which makes a mess but it's oh so good.

It's like having blueberry syrup over your waffle.  

I'm also fond of Mrs. Butterworth's sugar free syrup.

Some people like putting a little Halo Top ice cream or cool whip on them.





My husband and my son both gave these a thumbs up.  

No matter how you serve them they're delicious!

Happy Cooking!




2 comments:

  1. Got everything today going to try it in the morning, wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remember not to add all the water in at once. I've made it a few times since I posted this and I will tell you I NEVER add 2/3 cup water. It's usually 1/2 cup. And it usually makes 1 1/2 or 2 waffles. So I don't pour all of it in at one time. I think it depends on the size of your waffle maker too. Let me know if you have any problems or questions. Good luck! It's really yummy for only 3 pts!!!

      Delete

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...