Monday, January 23, 2017

Carrie's Smoky Shrimp Alfredo Over Zucchini Zoodles




I have to say, I'm proud of this one.

I made this up myself and, though it's a bit of work, it turned out really good.

And, the portions are huge!

I stayed strong again today, turning down more junk food when we went to watch my son sing the National Anthem at a college basketball game.

They were announcing that they were selling frozen custard sundaes for $1 and I was STARVING!!!

BUT I didn't do it!

I stayed strong because I believe in myself and I want it that bad.

Let me first say that I make my caramelized onions in a big batch in the slow cooker.

I then measure them out into 1/4 cup portions and freeze them to use later.

They boost the flavor in any and everything you cook them in.

You can check out the recipe here.

Without further ado, here is my latest recipe~

Ingredients  

1 large head of cauliflower cut into small florets

1 lb of small sized shrimp(I bought it with the tail off and precooked)

3 medium sized zucchini, spiralized

1/4 cup of caramelized onion

12 oz of portabella mushrooms, sliced

8 oz of fat free evaporated milk

4 oz of skim milk

2 Tbsp white flour

1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

2 Tbsp Hormel real bacon bits

1 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp black pepper

1 pinch of cayenne

1/3 tsp salt

1 tsp smoked paprika

1 oz Marsala wine

4 oz chicken broth


  • Preheat the oven to 450 F. Spray a foil lined baking sheet with olive oil spray.
  • Place the cauliflower on the pan and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp smoked paprika. Roast for 50 minutes. It will appeared slightly charred.  Alternatively, if you have a steamer you could steam it.  

  • Spray a skillet with olive oil spray and saute the mushrooms and onions. Add Marsala, chicken broth and zucchini zoodles.  Cover and cook for 5 more minutes. Take off the heat.

  • Strain out veggies, saving the juice. 
  • In the same, now empty skillet, add both the skim and evaporated milk and let it gradually warm. Add the flour and whisk to mix in.  Add in the cayenne, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, salt, pepper and cheese. Gradually bring up the heat to medium high and add 1/2 cup of the reserved juice from the veggies. Let it cook, stirring constantly, until it's thickened up a bit, around 5-8 minutes.

  • Add in the bacon bits and the shrimp. Immediately turn off the heat.



Plate up your zoodle mix.  Top with cauliflower and then the shrimp and sauce mix.





  • Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...