Sunday, January 22, 2017

Staying Strong

As I've mentioned I've been trying hard to lose the weight I gained over the holidays.

I've been doing pretty well so far.

When I was at my WW meeting the topic turned to tracking and we were talking about how no one really likes to track but its a weight loss tool.

The leader said "I mean really, does anybody like to track?".

I could only think of one situation that might qualify...

Since I've been trying to get back on track I've been eating TONS of zero point or very low point foods, i.e. fruits and veggies.

Anyway, the other night after I put my son to bed I sat down at around 8 pm and looked at the tracker on my phone.

I jumped up with an excited scream and said "Yea baby!  I've got 12 points left!!!!!".

Everyone got kind of a kick out of that but that really happened.

There's nothing so exciting to me as hitting my most challenging part of the day knowing I've actually got points to spend.

I know I struggle in the evening so I plan for it and make sure I've got points to spare in the late evening.

The other thing I know is that when I'm feeling vulnerable and trying to get back on track that it is not the time for me to use my weekly's to indulge.

In fact at times like these it's hard to say no but tonight I did.

I'm writing this Friday night and realize it will release a little late but I am celebrating my strength.

You see tonight we celebrated my Gram's 91st birthday.

As you can imagine there were cookies, cakes, cupcakes and all sorts of junk food.

I really wanted to eat all of that stuff.

But I knew if I had even one I would go hog wild and totally binge on it and feel rotten about it later.

One of the things we often hear at WW is that when we're faced with a decision like that to stop and ask ourselves "Is it worth it?".

I heard a lady at the meeting I went to today say that we might instead say "Is having what I want now worth not having what I really want?".

What I know for sure is that tonight all the junk food wasn't worth it.

Time with my Gram was my only indulgence tonight.

The junk food wasn't worth it but she sure is and I'm so thankful for her sweet, classy spirit.

I love you Gram!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...