Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Truffle Infusion


This one is quick and easy.  

I got Oprah's new cookbook from the library and let's just say the woman is crazy about all things truffle.

Since I can't begin to afford them I went with something a bit cheaper.

Oprah recommended this gift bag that comes with truffle salt and truffle zest, the latter of which I'd never heard of.

So I splurged and ordered it because curiosity got the best of me.  

I spent about $43 after tax and shipping.

This is the cute bag it came in.  





Sabatino is the brand name Oprah recommended.  

These folks are undoubtedly quite thankful for her recommendations by now.  

These products have a very strong garlic smell to them which kind of surprised me but it's pretty good.

This was a case of "what do I have lying around the house to use this stuff on because I don't have a specific recipe in mind" kind of thing.

Here's what I did~

I roasted cubed butternut squash with small chunks of fennel bulb sprayed with olive oil spray and sprinkled with truffle zest.  

I roasted these at 450 F for nearly an hour turning halfway through.  

I love fennel but I think it needs something moist to go with it so you may just want to try the squash alone first.  

Oprah says she puts it on her popcorn which I tried last night and it was pretty tasty.  





I think this stuff is good, not so good I'd buy it again, but good.

I'm glad I tried it because trying something new is a good thing to do.

If you like garlic you'll probably like this truffle zest and salt.  

I may consider trying truffle oil at some point but the obvious down side there is that oil is high in points.  

But, a little flavored oil goes a long way, toasted sesame oil is a great case in point.

Anyway, if you want to feel a little decadent you might give it a try.

If you have other things you've put it on or recipes you have to share let me know!

I'm open to new things.



Happy Cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...