Monday, January 2, 2017

Roasted Carrots & Parsnips: A Christmas Side Dish



This is another one of the side dishes I made for our Christmas dinner this year.

It's easy peasy and super yummy.  Parsnips are just such a treat for me.  I can't get over how sweet they taste after they're roasted.  

Ingredients

2 lbs peeled carrots cut into 2-3 inch oblongs

2 lbs peeled parsnips cut into 2-3 inch oblongs

1 Tbsp olive oil

1 Tbsp Rosemary Sea Salt 

Preheat oven to 425 F.

Spray a 9 X 13 inch pyrex dish with olive oil spray.  Rub down veggies with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary salt.

Roast for 20 minutes.  Toss and then bake for another 20-30 minutes.  

This serves 8 and comes out to 4 pts per serving.  

If you're wondering how many points you'd save by using the olive oil spray alone and skipping the Tbsp olive oil it's 1 pt.  

You'd only save 1 pt and I think they need it.  If you're cooking with more wet veggies like squash or mushrooms you probably wouldn't need it but in this case it is worth it.  

Happy Cooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...