Thursday, January 12, 2017

Shopping Made Easy

Recently my friend Jodie was relating to me that Hy-Vee will deliver groceries right to your door!

She told me that if you spend $100 it's a free service.

If you spend less than $100 there is a $4.95 charge.

That's pretty awesome!

There are likely many stores who participate in this type of program so it's worth checking out.

It's nice when you're too tired to shop, don't want to deal with crowds or long lines.

It's also nice to avoid driving when the winter roads aren't so good.

Certainly it's a great thing for those who are unable to drive.

My friend also mentioned that it can help her reduce temptation and the likelihood of making spontaneous purchases.

It's a way of making a grocery list and sticking to it.


That brings me to the next wave-of-the-future idea I heard about.

Amazon is piloting a new store called Amazon Go.

This is an amazing idea!

At designated stores you will be able to walk in, pick up the items you want and walk straight out without standing in line to pay.

You are automatically charged.

The technology is so advanced it can tell if you pick up and item and if you put it back.

No hassle.

No lines.

No wait.

Isn't the wait at the checkout usually the worst part of shopping?

It always seems like I pick the wrong line.

But, as technology progresses shopping gets easier and our choices multiply.

And, with the time you save you can do all the things you never seem to find time to do or simply reward yourself.

Why not let someone else do the shopping for you today?

Take a hot bath, put on some soothing music, light a candle and celebrate your Non Scale Victory!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...