Friday, January 27, 2017

Rice Cake Creations




Last week I mentioned to a WW group that I'm a major snacker and that I hoard a chunk of points specifically for after dinner each day.

I look forward to those points and planning for my habit helps keep me on track.

Anyway, I had a nice lady ask me what I usually snacked on.

The honest answer is that it changes all the time but lately I've really been on a rice cake kick so they're the star of today's post.

The plain, unflavored rice cake is 1 pt per rice cake.

If you get chocolate or caramel flavored the points go up.  

I usually just keep the plain ones in the house.

The one pictured above is my sweet treat snack.

Chocolate PB2 powder.  2 Tbps = 1 pt

Mini Chocolate chips.  1 tsp = 1 pt

So that's a 3 pt sweet treat.





The next one is a rice cake pizza.

But first a quick word about turkey pepperoni...

I LOVE THEM!!!!!

One ounce or 14 slices of regular sized turkey pepperoni is only 1 pt!





These cute little mini turkey pepperonis are sometimes hard to find but so worth it. 

I bought these at our local Hy-Vee.   

I put these on my rice cake pizzas or in my egg white omelets or just snack on them plain.

As you can see below 1 oz is really a lot!  

I used much less than half of that on my little mini rice cake pizza and it was a perfect 0 pt treat.




I use 1 Tbsp of Pizza Quick sauce or marinara which is 0 pts at that quantity.

Combine this with 0.5 oz shredded, part skim mozzarella(1 pt) and much less than half an ounce of turkey mini pepperonis(0 pts)




The fun thing with these is that you can come up with all kinds of sweet or savory creations.

Some people spread avocado on there and top with a corn and bean salsa.

Others like putting fresh fruits, veggies or cream cheese concoctions.

My son loves these!  It's a fun after school treat.

I didn't originally offer these to him but when he saw me eating these he asked for them.

These are fun to snack on and even more fun to create with.

Happy Snacking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...