Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins




This is a recipe I've made countless times, so much so that I don't even think about it when I'm making them.

Unfortunately that means I had finished cooking them by the time I remembered I wanted to share them with you so I don't have many pictures on this one.

You can also find the recipe here.

These are quick, easy and low in points.

My only note of warning, it's spicy.

If you are intolerant of spicy foods then cut down or cut out the crushed red pepper and/or black pepper.

If you like spicy, you'll love this.

Ingredients

2 lbs 99% fat free ground turkey

3 egg whites

1 cup quick cooking rolled oats

1/2 tsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp ground thyme

2 tsp dry mustard

2 tsp black pepper

2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

2 Tbsp garlic powder

1 small onion, uncooked and diced

1/2 cup uncooked celery, about 2 celery stalks finely diced

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 375 F.

Spray a 12 muffin tin with baking spray or olive oil spray.

In a bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix together well.

Here's your chance to get messy.  You really just have to get your hands in there to mix it well and to form small balls.

Roll into the size of a racquetball and fill the pan evenly.

Bake for 40 minutes.

Makes 12 muffins.  They are 2 pts a piece!  



I like to have mine with a salad.  They're so easy to store and warm up they're also an easy take along lunch.



Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...