Monday, January 16, 2017

Chicken Zucchini Enchilada Casserole



I was just surfing the internet and stumbled onto this recipe.  

It comes from ifoodreal.com.  

It is super low in points and high in flavor!

I bought a rotisserie chicken for the meat.  

There are pro's and con's there.  

On the plus side I think the meat is more flavorful and you don't have to cook it.

The downside was that I ended up with 1 lb of chicken instead of the 1.5 lbs it called for but it brought the points down by one and the flavor was awesome.

The other thing, of course, is that if you're doing a rotisserie chicken there's dark and white meat which are also different points.

In the end it's probably just easier to buy the chicken breast meat.  

Here's a peak into the making of this dish...



The sauce was sooooo easy to make and it tasted great!


Weighing out the meat.  



And shredding it...

I used red quinoa because it's my absolute favorite.  There's enough in this recipe to give it more texture but it's very subtle.  My husband didn't even know there was quinoa in it.  


Look at all that cheese!!!



This recipes serves 8 and comes out to 4 pts per serving!

It tasted oh so good but I was still a little hungry eating only the casserole.

I would definitely plan on a side salad and fruit to go with it.  

I will definitely make this again.  

You could also add in black beans and corn if you wanted to spend the points.

Any way you make it, it's yummy!

Happy Cooking!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...