Saturday, January 28, 2017

WW's Creamy Spaghetti Squash With Ricotta & Spinach



This is one I saw on the WW site.  

It was relatively easy to make.  I did substitute my caramelized onions for the regular again.  

Instead of microwaving the spaghetti squash I also decided to roast it in the oven ahead of time.  

Ingredients

3 1/2 lbs uncooked spaghetti squash

1 tsp extra virgin olive oil

1 small uncooked onion finely chopped

2 cups grape tomatoes, halved

6 oz fresh spinach

2 cloves minced garlic

15 oz part skim ricotta cheese

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1/4 cup fresh basil chopped


Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 F.  

Put squash halves on a microwave safe plate, cut side down; microwave on high until tender and squash can easily be scooped out with a fork, 10-12 minutes.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, 5 minutes.  Stir in tomatoes and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes start to soften, 3 minutes.

Add spinach.  Cook just until wilted, about 1 minute.  Remove from heat.

Scoop out spaghetti squash and transfer to a bowl.  Add the ricotta, 1/4 cup mozzarella, 2 Tbsp Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper.  Transfer to the skillet and mix well.

Next transfer to a 9 x 13 casserole dish sprayed with olive oil spray.  

Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is well melted.  

Serves 8, 1 cup servings at 4 pts a piece.  






The original recipe asked you to put things directly into the skillet but I found it easier to use a bowl and then transfer the cheese and squash mixture to the skillet.  


I was a bit distracted when I was cooking and didn't see until later that they had asked you to cut the tomatoes in half.  I kept them whole and it was fine.  I just had to cook them a bit longer.


Truth time~  I added 1 oz of white cooking wine and a little chicken broth since these required more time to cook down.  It basically made a reduction.  Yumm......


I had to get a picture of this because, oh my gosh, it's just so pretty!  Love that beautiful bright green and red!  So healthy and so fresh!!!  Love it!



And the cheese...  Well, I really thought it would look a bit anemic with half the mozzarella in the mixture and the other half on top.  So I put all the Parmesan into the mixture and added all the mozzarella on top.  I'm just really visual and I wanted to see that melted cheesy goodness on top. :)


And it was soooo worth it!



Just seeing melted cheese makes me salivate.  

Eating something with all that gooey cheese definitely feels indulgent, certainly nothing like a diet...

Which is why I love WW.  

Real food for real people with real cravings!

Happy Cooking!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...