Friday, January 20, 2017

A New Perspective

I was reading some of the posts on WW's Connect recently and came across a post that I wanted to share with you today.

When I first read it it shook me up a bit but it also inspired me.

Sometimes I get off on my high horse because I feel that sometimes, in an effort to lose weight, we shame and hate and blame our "fat"selves.

One of the ways I was able to move forward was to make peace with my former self and learn to love that part of myself.

Instead of hiding the old pictures and hating them and feeling ashamed I wanted to learn to love that person.

The tricky thing is simultaneously loving yourself for where you are or where you've been while appreciating something more, feeling alive and beautiful and vigorous.

I thought this woman did a good job of summing some of this up in a rather motivating way.

I hope this inspires you the way it inspired me~


"Why lose weight if you love your body? Shouldn't you just be happy without needing to change yourself? Why exhaust yourself and torment yourself in the gym every day? 
Why count calories and pass on foods you really like? What if you die tomorrow? 
Wouldn't the effort be wasted?" 

Yes, I've actually heard this. 

From TV. From family members. From friends over the years. Some people don't get 
that this isn't about the pounds I've lost. It's about the life I've gained. 

I've spent most of my life obese, and now--I finally "get" it. Many believe that self-love and feminism is at odds with making any changes to your physical self. I couldn't 
disagree more.  I feel so incredibly empowered and strong in this body. Not because it is smaller, but 
rather 
BECAUSE IT IS HEALTHY. 

For me this is not about vanity or self-loathing. 
I don't do this because I hate my body. 
I don't do this to look sexy. 
I don't do it for a thigh gap 
OR to fit into a size 6. 

I do it for the life I've gained. 
I do it for the energy I feel every day. 
I do it for the rush I get when I fill up my lungs and burst into a sprint. 
I do it because I love keeping up with LIFE. 
I do it to thrive. 
I do it because I DO love and respect this person and this body 159%. 
And I believe it deserves to be fueled with real nutrients. 
It deserves to feel strong and vibrant. 
It deserves to live fully. 

renefalgout1








No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...