Friday, December 9, 2016

WW Veggie Lovers Goat Cheese Pizza With Zucchini Crust



I've thought about trying this recipe for a long, long time.

I think I haven't done it up until now because I thought it would be a pain to make.

After having done this I would say it wasn't too time consuming.  

This is a WW recipe.  There were several of the members in my meeting who had made this and loved it so I had to try it.  

Of note~  I didn't have any goat cheese on hand so I used part skim mozzarella cheese instead.  
Had I had goat cheese on hand I would've used it as I do love it.  

Without further ado, here is the WW Veggie Lovers Goat Cheese Pizza With Zucchini Crust

Ingredients

CRUST

Cooking spray
2 cups shredded zucchini, drained well
1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
3 Tbsp grated Parmesan
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 egg, well beaten

TOPPINGS

1 cup cremini mushroom, sliced
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.

Squeeze liquid out of zucchini; place in a large mixing bowl.



Add remaining crust ingredients and combine.




Spoon crust mixture into two 8-inch circles on prepared pan; smooth with spoon to form even layer.  




Bake until brown on the bottom, 20 minutes; carefully flip over.  Bake until evenly browed, 10-15 minutes more.





While crust bakes, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.  Add mushrooms, pepper, and onion; cook until softened stirring often, 5-8 minutes.  Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt to skillet; stir and heat 30 seconds.
Spoon veggie mixture on pizza; sprinkle with goat cheese.  Return to oven; bake until cheese melts, 3-5 minutes.  

Slice each pizza into 4 pieces; serve.

Yields 2 slices per serving.  7 Smart Points per serving.  



And so, the flavor on this is amazing.  

My only comment is that I think I used a little too much zucchini for the crust.  

The crust was a little too thick and so it didn't cook properly and was very flimsy and very difficult to flip over.  

The only down side in my mind is that 7 pts seems kind of high for only half of one of these.  

I had the pts saved up to have a whole one but had I not I would have been really hungry afterwards.  

So plan ahead to have a salad or some kind of side to help fill you up when you make this.  

Overall this recipe was fantastic!  My mom was here to share it with me and she thought so too!

I will definitely make this again.  

Happy Cooking!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...