Wednesday, December 21, 2016

What to Do When You've Gained

We just got back from another Christmas celebration with family.

I've also had my work celebration, our Christmas celebration in Kansas City and on and on.

And, it's not even Christmas or New Year's yet!

Geesh!

The irritating news?

The scale said I gained 6 lbs in one week last week!

That's the biggest gain I've ever seen in one week's time.

The even more irritating thing is that I've had non-stop get togethers and junk food since.

Usually I count on having at least one week where I've got nothing going on and can just really focus on getting back on track.

Instead I feel like I've gained even more though I haven't stepped on the scale yet.

So what do I do when I've gained like this?

Well, I went browsing on all my favorite websites and found a few new recipes to try but they looked too good.

I immediately knew I'd probably struggle to not overeat those delectable dishes.

So, right now as I type I'm eating a salad.

I had an orange earlier and then we're having green beans and lean pork roast for dinner.

Tomorrow the plan is to do some major cooking and it will consist in bulk of zero to low point foods.

This way even if I have a hard time controlling myself I won't be going way over on higher point foods.

I'm also avoiding sweets for now.

I really do believe it just stimulates my appetite and I'll just keep going and going.

I strained my low back so I'm limited to stretches for a while.

All of this alone would've been a reason to get down and quit in the old days.

But these are new days and the new me.

I'm choosing to make better choices.

In fact I get to assign meaning to the events of my life and I've decided the low back strain, endless eating soirees and weight gain is just that, it's part of real life.

So I'm focusing on really buckeling down before the next get together.

I know my husband feels as bloated and gross as I do after eating so much so I'm sure he's as ready as I am to get back on track.

I have also decided to scale back the indulgences I'd planned for Christmas day.

So there you have it- real life, real people, real problems and real solutions.

We fall and we get back up and keep moving forward.

May all your Christmases be Light!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...