Friday, December 30, 2016

Lightened Up Green Bean Casserole



This Christmas I had my in-laws at the house.

The advantage of this certainly is that I got to have more control over what type of food was served.

I lightened it up or at least added nutrition where I could.

This recipe can be found at skinnytaste.

But here's a peek at the making of this yummy dish...







So, what did I change?

For once, not much.  

I added two tablespoons of Hormel real bacon bits to the bread crumb mix.

I also did half regular seasoned breadcrumbs and half whole wheat panko.  

I love the crunch panko adds.  It keeps things from tasting mushy.  

All in all this was a fantastic recipe!

I really and truly think it's way, way better than the tranditional canned green bean casserole everyone brings to holiday dinners.

This is going to be my new holiday side dish!



Happy Cooking!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...