Friday, December 23, 2016

Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with Moroccan Spices





This recipe comes from my sister-in-law, Krista.

She was kind enough to give me some homemade spices with companion recipes.

Since I'm always looking for something new to try, and we all know I love snacking, I couldn't wait to dive into this one.

Ingredients

1 can chickpeas(garbanzo beans)

1 Tbsp olive oil

1/4-1/2 tsp Moroccan Spice Mix

Salt to taste(I used about 1/4 tsp kosher salt)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Drain garbanzo beans into a colander and rinse well with cold water until no more foam appears.  Let beans drain for 5-10 minutes, then pat dry with a cloth or paper towel if they still look wet.

When beans are well drained and dried, toss with olive oil, spice mix, and salt.  Arrange in single layer on baking sheet.  Roast 40-50 minutes, or until they are slightly browned and make a rattling sound when you shake the baking sheet.  Serve warm or cool.






There was not a suggested serving size.  When I put this in the recipe builder I entered it in as 4 servings and it came out to 5 pts per serving.  

The oil is only 4 pts for the Tbsp but the can of chickpeas is 17 pts. I never realized they were higher in points.

I may consider finding another veggie to roast with this spice but this is definitely worth a try.


If you don't have a sister-in-law around who is sweet enough to make the Moroccan spice for you, you can either buy it at the store or make it yourself.

Here is a recipe I found for making Moroccan Spice

Ingredients

1 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp ground ginger

1 tsp salt

3/4 black pepper

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground coriander

1/2 tsp cayenne

1/2 tsp ground allspice

1/4 tsp ground cloves


Whisk together in a bowl and, voila, you have Moroccan spice.




Happy Cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...