Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My Serenity Prayer

Okay, so I previously posted someone else's Serenity Prayer for Weight Loss but I really wanted to write my own.

So, I did and here it is~

My Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept myself through thick and thin

And to know that there's more to me than the skin that I'm living in

To appreciate each smile, every joy and tear

And know with you inside this heart, there's nothing to fear

To try again in times when I fail

And to measure success beyond the scale

To see your Light in others, in every face I see

And to know in my heart that's how You see me

To turn the other cheek when another's words might smite me

And to look to You for things that delight me

I'll set healthy boundaries and respect this body temple

Even at those times when it's not so simple

Because the truth is that I know we're all doing the very best that we can

And no matter what happens, I believe You have a plan

And it's Good and it's Real and it's plain to see

Just like the Love that you've given to me

So I'll shine my Light, and let your Light shine through me

And when they look at me it'll be You they see

Because every good thing in me, is You

And I give thanks for all that You do

You grant me the serenity I seek every time that I pray

And I know this is going to be a GLORIOUS day!

Amen & Amen!

Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...