Saturday, December 10, 2016

GIANT Turkey Meatball Parmesan




I saw this recipe on one of my favorite websites, skinnytaste.

You can find the recipe here.

This recipe looked delicious but what really struck me when I read through it is that it looked really easy.

And, it is!

Here is a peak at the making of this giant meatball ~










Here's what I changed ~

I'm just not motivated to buy a new cheese for this for just 3 Tbsp.  Since I don't keep pecorino romano cheese on hand I substituted good old grated Parmesan.  

I didn't have fresh garlic on hand today.  I've had a hard time finding really good garlic lately.  I don't like it as much by the time it's really green and sprouting.  It's too strong and bitter.  
I do have the jarred, minced garlic but lately I just really feel like I'm tasting a chemical preservative taste and have really been turned off by that.  Mom says I need to try the one at our local health food store and will be doing that soon.  
But for today I just went ahead and used 1 tsp of garlic powder instead of fresh, crushed garlic.  

I also used around 1/2 cup of the marinara instead of 1/3.  I used another no sugar added brand with all fresh ingredients.  

This serves 4 and is 7 pts per serving.  

All in all this was an awesome recipe!  

So few ingredients, so easy to make, so visually appealing, moderate on the pts and it tastes great!

Woo hoo!  This is a keeper!



This is comfort food at it's best!

Happy Cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...