Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Beautiful, Sweet Buttercup Squash!



I'm so excited!

When I went to our locally owned health food store today I found a new squash to try!

It's the yellow and orange one pictured above and it's called sweet buttercup.

What a great name!  It's so cute I just had to buy it and try it.  

I've decided that the first time I eat this I'm going to be a purist and not doctor it up too much.

I really want to get the full experience of what this cute little squash tastes like.  

I decided to cut these in half and bake them on a foil lined baking sheet spayed with olive oil spray.

I baked them at 425 F for 30 minutes.






The result?

So delicious!  I think this tastes similar to acorn squash, but as my husband said, maybe even a little bit sweeter.  

I ate this plain with a little salt so I could really get the flavor.  

Remember, squash aren't just for decoration!  

They taste great too and are ZERO points!  Woo hoo!!!



Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...