Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Joy Bauer's Meatless Buffalo Wings



These little cuties are Joy Bauer's Meatless Buffalo Wings.  

She also makes it with a Blue Cheese Sauce.  I don't care for blue cheese so I chose not to make that.  

This was a really easy recipe.  

I got Joy's cookbook at our local library.  If yours doesn't have it, request it for purchase!

This is a great little book.

I found the recipe on the web posted on this page.  

Here is a look at the making of this recipe...


This is after I've dipped them and before I baked them.


This is what they looked like after having baked them 10 minutes.  Now to flip them over and bake them another 10 minutes.  



And now to toss it all up with the butter and hot sauce.  I chose to use Sriracha.  




Survey says.....

Oh my gosh!

These are SO HOT I literally burned my mouth!!!!!

DO NOT USE SRIRACHA like I did and if you do be careful!

I am going to make these again but next time I'm using a mild sauce.  I think a mild enchilada sauce would be good.  

I was kind of surprised this was so hot because I love sriracha and like heat but, wow, this was spicy!!!



The entire recipe is on the website linked at the top of this page.  This comes out to 2 pts per serving which isn't bad at all.

I really do think it's worth making again because the basic flavor and texture was really great.

It was just too spicy for me.  

Happy Cooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...